Raw Spinach Dip
10 oz fresh Spinach
1/2 Red Onion (3/4 cup diced)
1 cup Water
1/3 cup fresh Lemon juice
2 cups raw Cashews, soaked 2+ hours
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2-4 Garlic Cloves
1/2-1 tsp Pink Salt
1/4 cup cold-pressed Olive Oil
1. After soaking the cashews, drain and rinse.
2. Chop spinach and red onion and add to a mixing bowl.
3. Place ingredients into a blender in the following order: water, lemon juice, cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, and salt. Blend until smooth. Once the sauce is smooth, pour in the olive oil while the blender is running. Blend just until incorporated.
4. Pour the sauce over the spinach and onions in the bowl and mix together thoroughly.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to increase the thickness of the dip.
6. Serve with raw crackers or chopped vegetables. Will keep 2-3 days in the fridge.
Yields 5 cups of dip.
Recipe by Amie Sue of Nouveau Raw.